- Each paper has about 8,000-10,000 words. Title, abstract (about 300 words) and key words (four to five) should be in both Chinese and English.
- Only manuscripts submitted in a computer format are acceptable. Please use Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) and Portable Document Format (.pdf). Make sure that the contents of both formats are consistent and correct.
- Font: Traditional Chinese characters should be in Microsoft MingLiu. Simplified Chinese characters should be in FangSong. The font size of the title should be 16, first-level subtitle 14, the body 12. Use Times New Roman font for English and numerals.
- All in-text citations and references must be in accordance with the APA format. Use footnotes. If an online resource is quoted, the website address and the date it was accessed should be included.
Examples of in-text citations:
- If an idea is taken from a periodical or book, use the format（黃立權，2013）
- If an idea is quoted from a journal or original text, use the format （關錦繡，2008，頁 31-37）
- If an idea is quoted from various authors, use the format （White, 1994, pp. 78-91; Scott, 1997, p. 35）
- All graphs should be printed in black and white. Complex graphs should be accompanied by a high-definition JPEG file.
- Please use the following format for your references:
- Chinese Books
- Chinese book chapters
田仲 (1996)：語言與文化，輯於《外語教學》，(頁 6-13)，長沙，湖南教育出版社。
- Chinese journal articles
周清海 (2017)：「大華語」與華文教學，《國際中文教育學報》， 1，1-19。
- Internet Resources
香港政府統計處 (2016)：《香港二零一六年中期人口統計 – 簡要報告》，檢自 http://www.bycensus2016.gov.hk/en/index.html，檢索日期：2021.6.8
- English Books
Stern, H. H. (1992). Issues and options in language teaching. Oxford University Press.
- Articles or Chapters in Edited Books
Nostrand, H. L. (1966). Describing and teaching the sociocultural context of a foreign language and literature. In A. Valdman (Ed.), Trends in language teaching (pp. 1-25). McGraw-Hill.
- Articles in Periodicals
Giles, H., & Byrne. J. L. (1982). An intergroup approach to second language acquisition. Journal of Multilingual and Multicultural Development, 3(1), 17-40.
- Electronic Sources
Allington, D. (2008). Discourse and the reception of literature: Problematizing ‘reader response’ [Doctoral dissertation, University of Stirling]. https://dspace.stir.ac.uk/bitstream/1893/507/1/Daniel%20Allington%20PhD%20thesis.pdf
The Chinese references should be arranged in the order of pinyin of authors’ names.
For more details on the APA format, please refer to:
https: // libguides.eduhk.hk/citing-information
Please select “Online Submission” under “Submission” to fill in the basic information and upload the manuscript.
The preliminary review usually takes two months. The author can select “Status” under “Submission” in this website at any time to view the progress of the review.